Friday, September 30, 2011

Anwar al-Awlaki Killed


This is the American born senior Al Qaeda leader killed in Yemen today. It isn’t clear if it was via drone strike or other methods at this time. It also isn’t being revealed who exactly did it but all seem to agree that the US was heavily involved at the least.

I am certain this was a tough call because al-Awlak was an American citizen and to just kill him brings up all sorts of legal questions. I have mixed feelings about it but in the end, if it were my call I’d have given the order too.

I  feel certain that the path to get him took years to complete and I will also venture a guess that some, like Eric Holder would have argued against the strike. In the end, no matter where the trail started or what objects were posed President Obama’s finger was on the trigger and he pulled that trigger.

WAY to GO Obama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment